Friday, June 11, 2010

1 down 39 to go.....

OK! I am going to come clean. No more hiding behind falsities. I have 39 days until the deadline to register for the NH Casa 5K. There is also a 1/2 marathon but I thought I would try not to kill myself the first time out.

Now for the cold hard truth. I have been up and down in my weight, mostly UP for the last 15 years. I did loose over 60 lbs when we lived in CA but it didn't stay that way for long, by the time we moved home I was heavy again. I yo-yo'd for the next 4 years not really accomplishing anything. In 2006 I got pregnant and had a miscarriage, and then got pregnant again by the time my daughter was born I was the heaviest I had EVER been in my life but I didn't care because I was a fat and happy pregnant lady. I quickly lost ALL of the pregnancy weight by my 8wk check-up I was back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. At 12 weeks post-birth I was down an additional 10lbs and that is when I found out I was pregnant AGAIN! So I was the fat and happy pregnant lady once again. After my son was born in 2008 I again had the rapid weight loss by the check up appointment and it continued on for another 8-10 weeks and then the weight loss stopped. I was 20lbs below what I had started with the very first pregnancy so I felt pretty good and didn't stress about it to much.

How many people can say that in two years they had two babies and lost all pregnancy weight plus 20lbs and had great pregnancies too?

So now we are going to be celebrating the 3rd birthday and the 2nd birthdays of my kids and I am up 30lbs!

You may be saying "Oh, Boo-Hoo up 30lbs." but here is where the truth comes out. I had my husband take my measurements yesterday and I am going to post them now.

Weight: 250lbs
Neck: 15in
Bust: 47in
Waist: 45 1/2in
Hips: 51in
Arm(L): 17 1/2in
Thigh(L): 30in
Calf(L): 19in

So, what is the plan you may ask?

Well, first I am going to get on my treadmill every single day. Yesterday I walked two miles in 42 minutes. My first goal is to walk a 17 minute mile and my second goal is to walk/jog the 5k(3.1 miles) in 45 minutes, and my third goal which I hope to acheive by July 19th, 2010 is to walk/jog the 5k in 30 minutes. I am going to have the measurements taken again in 4 weeks.

To further inspire and humiliate myself, I will explain how I finally figured out I was REALLY FAT again. About three weeks ago I wanted to go on a little hike and take some photos of a waterfall in our area.


To get to this area I had to hike about 1/2 mile. That might not sound so hard, but I also had to push a stroller with my two kids. By the time I got to the top I was so out of breath I had to sit down for 10 minutes huffing and puffing on the way back down I knew I had hurt my back pretty bad. I decided to see the chiropractor as soon as I could and the doctor ordered some x-rays taken. It was during the review of these x-rays that I nearly threw up at the sight of my internal self. YUCK! I was so embarrassed and ashamed that I let myself get to that point. The following is NOT my x-ray but you will get the point.
Seeing that was an eye-opener and also having my picture taken with a true hottie at CBC'10. I can't believe I have let myself go. I am going to work on this everyday and will make sure it lasts this time.
I will end this today with the last two lines of "Invictus" a poem by William Ernest Henley.

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers