Saturday, July 17, 2010

Can't sleep, too hot.

I hate it when it doesn't cool off enough at night and you just feel like a sweatbox all night long and on top of that I am procrastinating. I have two cakes that need to be frosted and should have been done already but I am of course putting it off until the last minute. So as I laid awake in bed, sweating and thinking about everything that STILL needs to get done, I thought why not just get up and frost those cakes. I got up and made some coffee, loaded the dishwasher and stared at the cakes for awhile and then thought, let's see what is going on in blogger world. Here I am! awake, tired, still hot but drinking coffee anyway, and trying not to wake anyone up. 12 hours until the party starts and I feel like I have 1200 things yet to do...... can't wait for it to be over!

I am still living off the high of completing a 5K, but I have been sick at the same time too. Ever since the race I have had a cough, sore throat and stuffy nose. Each morning that I wake up it is worse than the day before and I am really, really wishing it would go away. It has made it difficult to continue with the walking group but I keep telling myself if I don't do it, I won't do it. I had tried to add more workouts in at home but that has so far proved to be unsuccessful. I REALLY, REALLY am hoping to see some changes soon but I know that the scale hasn't budged more than 1 or 2 lbs.

I keep having thoughts about getting a job. I think of places that I would like to work and then I think about how many people would have to help me out with childcare just so I can go to that job.........it seems like wasted efforts. I wish the right one would just knock on my door, or fall in my lap. If I am going to wish for things though, I will just wish to win the lottery so I don't have to work at all. I would REALLY REALLY just like to go back to school, but that would just add more to the debt.

I wish that my photography and cake making paid me enough to not have to worry about working but it doesn't.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers