Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Oh my GOODNESS!!

Q: What have I been doing?

A: Walking, walking, running, jogging....... last Saturday the 14th, I participated in my 2nd* (*official) 5k. I say that because my husband and I mapped out a route from our house that we could use to get more experience and practice our times. But it proved to be very unsuccessful for me because my time went down by 9 minutes. I don't know if it was the fact that I knew it wasn't a real race or if it was just the day but I was not happy with the results. So needless to say when we arrived at the Shane Shatto/Remember the Wyoming 8 5k/10k I did not have high hopes. Once the race got going, things changed and I began to push myself. I have lots of room for improvement, but what I was pleased with is the fact that I found myself setting more goals and reaching them. I finished sprinting with my husband at my side encouraging me with a final time of 48:16

Q: What's next?

A: I am trying to set more schedules. Any schedules. Trying to get the kids to either nap or have "quiet" time at the same time every day so I can then plan for at home workouts, or photo editing or blogging.....whatever basically. I am hoping the schedules will help me to be more successful and to get more things accomplished. Also, more training. I am going to do (2) 5k's in September. The first one on Labor Day in my home town of Winner, SD. and the second one in Ft. Collins again with my husband. We are hoping to make it a monthly activity and long term to complete a 5k in each of the 50 states.

Q: What's on you mind?

A: Lots of things really. I have been questioning my decision to be a group leader in my local MOPS groups. Wondering if I have bit off more than I can chew......wishing that we would have went ahead and got Alexandria in pre-school. I think she would really enjoy it, but we decided to wait because the potty training has been unsuccessful and the cost became to much of a factor. I found a job that I thought I would really like and it would be close to home. (lunchlady at the school in our neighborhood) but they didn't even call me for an interview....which makes me think WHY? The Hell Not?? So therefore, I am back to wishing I had my own money, wondering how to make some, and wondering what I can go without?

I created some pages on Facebook for my photo and cake businesses and am trying to market them hoping they could answer some of those questions.

Hopefully, I will be back sooner with updates on all of these things.

To be continued.......

1 comment:

  1. hey tobie. just had to tell you thank you for such a nice comment on my blog. it made my morning. i might just need to take u up on that desperate housewife offer so don't forget about it!

    have a marvelous afternoon :)

    jlowe

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers